Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"Key West" - With Family and Friends



 It was rather cool and overcast...


 


Weird seeing Christmas decorations everywhere...




Chicken's were everywhere, running free. They keep 'em around for insect control. Unlike up-north, where it freezes, insects don't have a chance to die any other way but by chicken I guess....

 Ashleigh, looking out as we take the trolley through town...


Handsomeness....

  






Key West was an Adventure. I think the thing I loved most about Key West was the fact that I was no longer on a cruise ship! It was an experience floating along on the Atlantic, rocking back and forward - trying not to topple over. Walking on firm ground is a blessing. (is that a metaphor for something? I think maybe) Key West is beautiful because in December you will never find snow :) but even though it is a tropical climate, we found ourselves in jackets for most of the day, the wind was rather chilly. Ducking in and out of shops and of course Starbucks (above is a pictures of Daniel peeking out the window while he waited for his white mocha) As much as I enjoyed the vacation, and being with family, I'm not sure I will ever go back. Although, if someone want to hand me free tickets... I probably won't turn them down!

~ Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! And about the chickens... my mom had to purchase a slew of guinea hens to roam free on her farm in NC, to keep the tick population under control. Funny how we all live in the same country yet we have such varying climates.

    ReplyDelete